Monday 24 February 2014

Animation - Summary

Evaluation of animation 


Having been set animation tasks over the past number of weeks, I have decided that I am going to not continue and develop my ideas. I have decided that I am not going to continue and develop my skills with animation and flash for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is because I feel that I already have a good understanding of Adobe Flash and therefore do not feel that my best interests would be served in continually doing the same thing in a piece of software which I am already comfortable with. 

I am also not going to carry on using Flash because as Steven, J says Flash is a dying piece of software because since the introduction of HTML5 people simply have needed to use Flash. This is because basic animation can simply done through HTML5 and CSS3, so this has essentially cut out the middle man in the past which in this case is Flash. This means that theoretically the only reason to use Adobe Flash is to create basic 2D animations, and that is something that I am already comfortable with. (Steven,J 2011)

While I am not saying that I am not going to seek to improve my animation skills further, I am saying that I will not be doing any more on Flash. However despite the fact that I will not be carrying on with Flash, I do believe that I have gained something from the Flash brief, which is that due to the fact that we were working with such as small frame, it made me think of what could be accomplished in the space. I also enjoyed the introduction to sound production, despite the fact that what sound track I produced was not overly good, I may continue with sound production and implement it into other pieces of work in the future. 

References

Steven, J, 2011. Flash Is Dead. Long Live HTML5. [Online]. Available from: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/flash-is-dead-long-live-html5/1633 [Accessed 24 February 2014]

No comments:

Post a Comment