Saturday 22 February 2014

Spinoscope

Spinoscope Brief and completion 


Along with being given Flash animation to do, we were also tasked with the project of having to create a simple 12 frame spinoscope animation. Due to the lack of frames that I would be able to use I ensured that I would do something simple, such as the moving horse, as seen below. 


I decided that as this would be very a simple animation, I would hand-draw the frames, because that is how traditionally animation would be done. I also felt me hand drawing each frame would in a way improve my understanding of animation, and how subtle changes each frame changes creates an animation effect. 

I did have many ideas for this, such as ball bouncing up and down and a person walking, however the idea that I cam up with was a simple colour changing in different circles, each frame. I chose this idea because I felt that it did met the brief perfectly of a simple 12 frame spinoscope, which does show an understanding of animation. 



Above is my, finished spinoscope. I am happy with how it turned out, mainly because it does met the brief of having to be a simple 12 frame, animation. I am also happy because this could easily be placed on a loop and there should be no indication when it starts and when it ends, and in my view for something as simple as this, that is an important feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment